[LAD] [ot] how to produce ^m ?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 13 10:51:11 UTC 2008

On Sunday 13 July 2008, Julien Claassen wrote:
>Hi!
>   Does anyone know which character exactly ^m is and how I can reproduce it
> as a character in my program code. Unfortunitely I get it from the outside
> and have to deal with it.
>   Kindest regards
>             Julien

That is the usual convention for displaying a carriage return, a chr$(13), used
as the end of line marker in non-unix-ish systems.  unix-ish systems have
nearly always used a linefeed, a chr$(10), for the EOL character.  And M$
systems use both just to try and be different. 30+ years ago most printers
needed both.