[LAD] Writing a library?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Jul 23 07:58:56 UTC 2008

Hi Darren!
   go to:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html
   There is a complete list of howtows. ice for you maybe:
c++-dlopen (about using libraries in c++)
Program-library-howto
   Another good read is always Bruce Eckel's: "Thinking in c++". Enter the
titel into google, it should find the e-book. You can download it or read
online. It's available as simple html and has progeramming examples all over
the place. I believe he mentions a pattern for libraries and c++, especially
for plugin-libraries.
   About what Erik said: Perhaps a standard library, but I'd say at least try
to get it LinuxSampler compatible. Another new engine.
   Last note: As once someone said to me: You'd like to write a library? Well
you chose the most complicated part first, there's so much to take care of
and
so much to handle. I didn't flinch away, though the lib is still not complete.
But PLEASE: Don't fear it, but consider it. Be thorough! Think of many ways it
can go bad and how to handle them! consider, more than one application might
use your library!
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------