[LAD] [OT] vector drawing software

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Jul 30 13:25:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:00:28PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> > * Inkscape. After two hours of trying I still can't draw a simple
> >   rectangle. It gets filled (in blue) and all attempts to change
> >   that have failed.
>
> Draw the rectangle (it will be blue), then go to the Object
> menu and choose Fill and Stroke. In the Fill pane, wind the
> Alpha down to zero. In the Stroke Paint pane chose the second
> box Flat Color.
>
> You should now have a black rectangle, without any fill colour
> on a white background.

That works. Any way to make that the default ?

Effective linewidths are quite different from what
is set in that dialog.

Other problems: prints PDF but only full page, i.e.
again not usable to insert into latex.

Inkscape lookd more and more as some GUI interface
to Cairo. ATM I can write the Cairo code a lot
faster than using the GUI...

Ciao,

--
FA