[LAD] [EPAMP] an effect plugin API for media players: anyone interested?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Jun 2 10:58:03 UTC 2008

Am Montag, 2. Juni 2008 schrieb Stefano D'Angelo:
> Then I see this in LV2:
> The environment variable LV2_PATH, if present, should
>  * contain a colon-separated path indicating directories (containing
>  * plugin bundle subdirectories) that should be searched (in order)
>  * for plugins.
> Doesn't it sound a bit UNIX-centered? (colon separated on Windows for
> example?)

Why not? Just because you haven't seen this on windows doesn't mean that it
wouldn't work. Its just a variable which can have anything as content. Why
not a string with colons?
It all depends on the app to handle the variables. And there the LV2 will do
the trick.

Just because it comes from unix doesn't mean its unix-centered. For example
every windows user uses unix-like paths when browsing.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---