[LAD] LADSPA latency port, was Re: Let's kill EPAMP???

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Jun 3 08:52:25 UTC 2008

On 03/06/2008, Steve Harris <steve at plugin.org.uk> wrote:
> In LADSPA there's a "magic" control out port called "_latency" or
> something, that should apply to LV2 aswell, but I'm not sure if the
> spec says so.

For the record -- since this is something I've tried to search for in
the past and have had trouble finding a definitive answer to -- the
conventional LADSPA port name is apparently "latency", with no
underscore.

Some hosts (such as Rosegarden) will accept either "latency" or
"_latency"; in RG's case that's because I wasn't sure which was
supposed to be correct when I coded it.  But others (such as Ardour)
will only accept "latency", as I discovered when I released a plugin
that used "_latency" and forgot to test it in Ardour first.

Chris