[LAD] Let's kill EPAMP???

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Tue Jun 3 13:15:25 UTC 2008

"Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Both on the host side and on the plugin side, no need for #ifdefs to
>>> define initialization/finalization functions and maybe support for
>>> exotic platforms not having them.
>>
>> I dont see what you will do within those global
>> initialization/finalization functions. That thing needs to be something
>> not platform specific.
>
> Well, I for example would use them with NASPRO to fill the plugin with
> all effect descriptors (don't know yet how to do with RDF/Turtle, but
> I'll find a way).
>
>> This can be made as separate thing that can be
>> reused for other things too. The same way libtool is asbtraction to
>> shared libraries.
>
> ?

You need absatraction for defining global constructor/destructor in
shared library. As Larsl already said, you can use some C++ tricks (like
constructor of global object), for this. In my vision, such thing is
bound to creation of shared library file, this is why I mentioned
libtool.

>>> Nope. I mean there should be platform-specific rules to get the list
>>> of directories containing shared object files and possibly there
>>> should be a fixed path to check on each platform, known at compile
>>> time.
>>
>> Interface to SLV2 (-like) library should definitively allow modification
>> of directory list.
>
> Which kind of modification?

 * get list of lv2 plugins (extracted from LV2_PATH by slv2)
 * modify that list (add/remove directories)
 * (maybe) get path of directory where plugin resides

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>