[LAD] recording impulse responses

Michael Iber music at chemie.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 16 21:31:01 UTC 2008

Hello list,
later that summer I will have the chance to record some impulse

The question is, where to start with the recording chain:
e.g an IR from the "Volksempfaenger"-Radio: does it make sense to play
the sweep into an transmitter (of the very same period) and record the
output with the microphone near the speaker of the radio? Or would one
prefer to play the sweep diretly to the amplifier of the radio?
How do I get a meaningful IR from a grammophone: start with the needle?
try to find a vinyl record with a sweep on it?

I am quite curious about your opinions on that subject, or any hint to
some literature, I have not found yet....

Cheers,
Michael