[LAD] Secret Rabbit Code : New release imminent

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sat Mar 8 05:03:08 UTC 2008

On 08/03/2008, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  After a very long time indeed, I am in the final stages of
>  a new release for Secret Rabbit Code aka libsamplerate.
>
>  The big news is that I found a way to drastically improve the quality of
>  the SFC_SINC_MEDIUM_QUALITY and SRC_SINC_BEST_QUALITY converters.

Congratulations, Erik. I know you've been through a few iterations and
the results you've come up with are well worth the wait :-)

>  For more info on that, see this blog entry:
>
>     http://www.mega-nerd.com/erikd/Blog/CodeHacking/SecretRabbitCode/progress.html
>
>  I'm aiming for the new release to happen next weekend.

great! and thanks for making the new converters a transparent upgrade.
It looks like there's not even much reason for applications to add
explicit support for the old converters, but if they did, would an
AC_CHECK_DEFINE on one of the _OLD_ names be enough to check if they
are present, and are there any other API changes at all?

cheers,

Conrad.