[LAD] completely [ot] - compilation help

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Thu May 8 07:50:00 UTC 2008

Hello folks!
   I'm soory for posting here, but I hope someone can help me. I'm just
compiling a bit of code and gcc gives a strange error, which Ican't fix.
Code snippet:
[...]
   if (ioctl (vcsa_fd, KBD_SNIFF_SET, &set) < 0)
   {
      sbl_log ("no kernel support for keyboard sniffing\n");
      kbd_sniffing = 0;
      return 0;
    }
    else { ... }
/* end of snipet */
the reproduceable compiler error says something about the if-statement:
kbd.h:96: error: expected ')' before '[' token
   It does the same for two other ioctl statements, one incuded in an if, the
other in an assignment like:
value = ioctl (...);
   My gcc is: gcc 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-3)
   Please: can someone help me here? It's so frustrating...
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net