[LAD] Jack MTC/MMC slaving

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Tue Nov 11 12:55:58 UTC 2008

Le 11 nov. 08 à 13:48, Nedko Arnaudov a écrit :

> "Alex Montgomery" <apmontgomery at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Currently jackctlmmc supports the "play", "stop", and "rewind"
>> messages from
>> MMC, and I'm going to play with the code to see if I can add
>> support for
>> "locate" using jack_transport_locate() so that players can have a
>> primitive
>> seek-to type of function. I think that even this limited subset of
>> MMC
>> functionality is very desirable for linux audio engineers. I just
>> want to be
>> able to sit at my 8-track with my guitar and play/stop, rewind,
>> and maybe
>> seek around without having to keep clicking a mouse on a JACK app.
>
> I already have git repository for jackctlmmc. If you are interested I
> can make it public. Before importing it to git, I had the source of
> the
> quickly hacked tool in my local filesystem (no version control at
> all).
>
>> I'm surprised that jackctlmmc doesn't seem to be that widely used
>> (I can't
>> find any packages for it in the major linux distros, and it only
>> seems to be
>> distributed via source code) when it provides such useful
>> functionality. I'd
>> love to see it's functionality integrated into a GUI app like
>> QJackCtl
>> (which already has JACK transport buttons for play, rewind, fast-
>> forward)
>> instead of being a console application, but that's a subject for
>> another
>> email.
>
> I think jackctlmmc can be made to be compilable as inprocess client
> too.

Good idea.

> Paul, Stephane and others, do you think we should have different
> directories for jack1 and jack2 drivers/internal clients?

Drivera are definitively a lot different between  jack1 and jack2
and  internal clients a bit (a new "jack_internal_initialize"
function to be used when internal clients are loaded using the new
jack2 control API (or jackdbus))

So I don't see too much how they could *not* stay separated....

Stephane