[LAD] Merging alsa subdevices into multichannel

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Wed Nov 19 04:45:21 UTC 2008

Thanx!

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 09:54 +1300, Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> > How do I do to make jackd understand that it should open all three of
> > them instead of only one?
>
> As long as they all run from the same clock, you can create a 6
> channel 'device' in your .asoundrc
>
> Two examples follow.

Both of the examples works as advertized regarding the number of ports.
I have signal but unfortunately also a constant stream of xruns. Setting
large buffers does not change that.

Is this a known feature of the AD1988B?
Two in + eight out is otherwise stable

Hmm ... I could try and open the three raw devices from the same app and
see how that will work out, if they perhaps are drifting?
Tomorrow!  :)

/j