[LAD] ASUS mobo NEW thread - started OT for another tread

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Nov 29 16:36:22 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:
> device: default can't be opened for playback (Connection refused)

Hi, I'm short in time and couldn't read the last two mails and I can't
read this mail too right now, but to your question which the "debvice:
default" is, it's hw:0, if you wish to see the sequence of your sound
devices, run QjackCtl. You can see the order of the devices, if you take
a look at the setup. If your Linux changes the numbers for the devices
with each boot, you need to give the advices consistent numbers, e.g.
for Debian based Linux by following http://www.64studio.com/faq_user.

So the new thread, is also the old thread :D, anyway, your problem seems
to be solvable :), while I seems to have less good luck :(.

Hth,
Ralf