[LAD] ALSA sequencer question

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Oct 17 15:02:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 04:11:35PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:

>    So: Can I build/enhance a MIDI-router application to do this for me? Would I
> really have to rely on just iterating through all possible output_channels?

AFAIK, yes. Midi receivers can be set to ignore the
channel (omni mode) but there's no such thing as
midi command without a channel number (except for
the system commands).

For the ultimate in MIDI routing & mangling, have
a look at <http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/>

Fully text based, you just need to know some Python.

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia