[LAD] [LAU] Simple, easy multithreaded circular buffer library for Linux?

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Wed Oct 22 19:07:15 UTC 2008

Sean Bolton wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
>> What about the test-int-array-* family of tests on PPC?
>
> They all pass on my uniprocessor G4, but that doesn't
> really tell us much.  Anybody got a multiprocessor PPC?

I think it might be worth to try the following on your G4:

- run the test *much* longer (change the sleep call at the end of
test-int-array.c). Having experimented a lot with my tests, I know that failures
appear after a truly random amount of time.

- induce entropy, move your mouse, compose music, make a coffee, kick your
computer... ;-)

- experiment with compiler optimization (-O1, -O2 or -O3, ... in the Makefile's
CFLAGS). I'm unsure about this, but it's been mentioned many times on this
thread and I think it's worth trying.

PS: I'm CC-ing this message to jack-devel as Joern (a great community engineer I
know ;) recommended.

--
  Olivier Guilyardi / Samalyse