[LAD] linux audio in live performance

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 23:05:48 UTC 2008

Hi List, I had one more question,
if you'd bear with me...this is a different question from the last one.

I play an instrument called the jaw harp, which is played in this video(not
me!):
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=rDdG97MesZM

Now I would like to feed this live audio into my box, do a bit of morphing
on the sound and have that play in real-time output. It might even trigger
some other
sample from a C/C++ program. I don't want to use one of the audio
programming
languages like pd, Chuck, SC, Csound etc. I want to build my own system
using
linux audio native capabilities. .

In your general opinion with C/C++ as the language, what other configuration
would
be suitable? As in I/O device (OSS/Jack/Alsa/PortAudio/) and which audio
library.....

-- sincerely,
http://www.algomantra.com