[LAD] DAB Audio frame decoder

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Oct 28 23:43:18 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 02:11:12 pm smprocess wrote:
> I would like to know if somebody of you knows a C/C++ library allowing to
> decode DAB audio frame (commercial or not), specially to extract PAD
> components.

When you say 'DAB', I take it you're talking about Eureka-147 datastreams, not
the 'HD Radio' system in use in the USA?  ('Cause HD Radio is not MPEG).

> For your information, I'm working with the FxEngine Framework
> (http://www.smprocess.com) on DAB MPEG 1 layer II audio format.

Are these elemental streams?  If so, then I assume the PAD is in the ancillary
channel?

Cheers!

| beta test, v:                                                           |
|         To voluntarily entrust one's data, one's livelihood and one's   |
|         sanity to hardware or software intended to destroy all three.   |
|         In earlier days, virgins were often selected to beta test       |
|         volcanoes.                                                      |