[LAD] jack_capture

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Sep 16 17:15:42 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 16. September 2008 schrieb Kjetil S. Matheussen:
> Thanks for the input. But do you think ch>2 wavex
> files are supported by more software than ch>2 wav
> files? Because I haven't even heard of wavex files
> before... (wavex files are supported in jack_capture
> though, "-f wavex" should do the job, thanks to libsndfile)

wavex is supported by all apps using libsndfile. Where as "standard" wav with
more then 2 channels seems to be supported by proprietary apps on other OSes
(because they decide on the ending or the magic if the file is the right
format) but probably isn't. And will just fill you bug-tracker with "I can't
open jack_captures wav files in app XYZ, your app is broken".

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---