[LAD] SC3-- Help !

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Sep 16 23:30:33 UTC 2008

Hello all,

(Hoping there's SC3 expert on the list)

I haven't been using SC3 for some time, but now I have
to revive some of my work from years ago. As before i'm
controlling it from Emacs.

The current release refuses to run my old code, apparently
because it loads/stores synthdefs from/to
~/share/SuperCollider/synthdefs instead of ./synthdefs.

Re-running all the definitions stores them in the new
place and then things work. But the last thing I want
is to have all synthdefs in one giant heap. They are
always very specific to a particular composition, and
I want to keeo them together with the other files for
each work.

Is there confituration option to make SC3 revert to
the old behaviour ?

More generally, I deeply dislike apps creating
non-specific directories such as ~/share. If SC3
wants a per-login directory it should be ~/.SC3
or something like that.

Ciao,

--
FA