[LAD] Guide to Linux Sound APIs

Lennart Poettering mzynq at 0pointer.de
Wed Sep 24 22:53:29 UTC 2008

Heya!

At the audio microconf at the Linux plumbers conference one thing
became very clear: it is very difficult for programmers to figure out
which audio API to use for which purpose and which API not to use when
doing audio programming on Linux. Someone needed to sit down and write
up a small guide. And that's what I just finished doing.

I'd thus like to draw your attention to this new (long) blog story of
mine containing this guide:

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/guide-to-sound-apis

I'd be very thankful for comments!

Lennart