[LAD] [ANN] bss - 0.5

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri Sep 26 23:45:45 UTC 2008

Hello everyone!
   You might have been wondering what I'm up to. So here we go.
   BSS is the "BBC7 Shell Script Suite" and package of a few shell scripts to
search the bbc7 website via a simple commandline interface. You can also
listen to the "listen again" service, by directly providing day and time.
There's also a small audio-file converter.
   BBC7 is the BBC's station for comedy and drama. From the criminal, to the
horrifying to the hilarious, to quiz-shows to readings of everyday and high
literature.
   Please don't investigate the hidden bbc7-listen.sh option too much. They
make their living from that and they offer a very nice service, which I hated
to see going down. But of course it can occasionally be helpful to dump files
to your disk.
   The link:
http://juliencoder.de/bss-0.5.tar.bz2
   Requirements: bash and the usual utilities for all of them, for the listen
and convert scripts it's mplayer and ecasound and the search script requires
wget.
   Hope you'll enjoy it!
   Kindest regards
           Julien