[LAD] Something like Processing for audio

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 28 23:18:21 UTC 2008

Sorry for starting this entire argument. I'm just tired of getting
nowhere with all of the same tools that everyone else seems to have no
problem with. I have a very bad habit of putting myself under a great
deal of pressure to exceed everyone's expectations of me.

Look, I know that everything I'm asking for exists on the Linux
platform. The problem is, it doesn't all exist in one place, or under a
single language. I'm convinced at this point that starting over from
scratch with a solid design is preferable to trying to use several
disparate tools and somehow glue them all together.

I've already played around with code here and there to try out some
different approaches to this problem, but nothing that I've bothered
keeping around. Starting tonight, I'm going to draft a very detailed
design, create a code hosting account somewhere (probably Google Code),
and get started. I will keep the list apprised of any progress with
regular emails.

It's been pointed out to me that many people on the list seem to think
that I'm trying to get someone else to code this for me. That is not and
never was my intention, and I apologize for any miscommunication on my
part for that. I am a very slow and not very good coder, though, and it
might take a little while to see any progress.

First things first, though. A solid design.

-- Darren