[LAD] alsa card order

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Apr 29 12:49:37 UTC 2009

At Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:14:52 +0200,
Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 09:02:35AM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>
> > Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> > > options snd cards_limit=4
> > > alias snd-card-0 snd_intel8x0
> > > alias snd-card-1 snd_mpu401
> > > alias snd-card-2 snd_ice1712
> > > options snd-card-0 index=0
> > > options snd-card-1 index=1
> > > options snd-card-2 index=2
> > >
> > > but the order of the devices is always the
> > > inverse: ice1712, mpu401, intel8x0

The recent distros don't refer snd-card-* aliases at module loading
time, but let udev load every module.  Thus, the loading order might
be pretty much different (and unstable) from what you want.

> > "options" does not work with aliases; use:
> >
> >   options snd-intel8x0 index=0
>
> Which means I don't even need to define the
> aliases ?

Aliases are still used when you reloading modules via alsa init
script, but depending on the distro.

HTH,

Takashi