[LAD] alsa card order

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Apr 29 14:08:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, April 29, 2009 13:22, James Warden wrote:

> it could be that many ppl are using qjactcl and the latter may not be as
> flexible as the command line. I am not in front of my DAW so it is just
> speculations. Rui could comment on qjackctl's ability to select an ALSA
> device by name instead of the usual hw:n. Since I have not fiddled with
> this for ages, I simply cannot remember.

clicking the ">" button, right to interface, input device or output device
entry fields (QjackCtl/Setup/Settings/Parameters) will show you a
drop-down menu with all available alsa_pcm devices you can choose freely
and intelligibly.

side note: it has come to my knowledge (more than 1yr ago) that ardour has
"borrowed" that feature, which in fact was "stolen" from alsa tools in the
first place--all done cheerfully under the gpl umbrella :)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org