[LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Aug 1 20:16:14 UTC 2009

Damon Chaplin schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've been having problems with a few LADSPA plugins recently, so I've
> written a little test app that loads all LADSPA plugins, connects the
> ports and runs them for one cycle. (I've attached it here.)
>
> I've run it on the plugin packages I have installed, using valgrind, and
> the results are:
>
> amb	crashes
> blop	memory errors (patches sent for some of the errors)
> calf	memory errors in Flanger & MultiChorus plugins
> caps	memory errors in 3 plugins
> cmt	memory errors (patches sent)
> fil	OK
> ladspa  memory errors in Sine plugin (mismatched free/deletes)
> mcp	OK
> rev	OK
> swh	crashes
> tap	memory errors in 5 plugins
> vco	OK
>
> Note that not all memory errors are bugs, but most are. (There's also a
> chance that my test app is buggy, rather than the plugins.)
>
> I've sent a few patches for cmt and blop, and will probably try to track
> down the bugs in a few other packages. If others want to help
> (especially the owners of the above packages!) that would be good.
>
> Damon

This testing is great stuff. It would be cool to have a buildbot
(http://buildbot.net) and run this regularly. Ideally test-tools would be part
of ladspa/lv2 sdk and the plugin-packages add running the test tools as part of
make check. Bonus points for rerunning tests on success under valgrind memcheck
once again.

Stefan