[LAD] students and copyright

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sun Aug 2 14:41:25 UTC 2009

On Sunday 02 August 2009 15:40:33 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On the other hand, if a company pays you a regular salary and the job is
> named "developer", it might include that a copyright will subrogate to
> the employer, even if there isn't any stipulation saying this. Here I'm
> not sure.

It is not bound to the job description "developer" but by the job description
"worker" / "employee".
I repeat: Standard contracts say that _all_ work you do for a company belongs
to that company. It doesn't matter whether its some creative or developing or
"just" technical thing you do (even fetching garbage falls in there). Standard
contracts say, in copyright terms, that you give them exclusive rights to
publish and use your works.

Arnold

PS: The weekends don't feel right without a discussion about licenses and
copyrights, do they?