[LAD] students and copyright

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 2 19:03:47 UTC 2009

David Robillard wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 14:33 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Dunno what's called trademark and what's called copyright
>>

> Then you probably shouldn't be attempting to discuss copyright law
>
> -dr

As I've written, a logo in Germany can be a trademark, but you need to
register a trademark, while the graphic design of a logo automatically
is copyright by the artist, this might be easier in other countries and
for me a reason to discuss it. Maybe you know less about international
copyright laws too ;). In Germany a logo automatically is copyright, but
not a trademark.

Also very important:
Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> If you agree to it verbally

! or if a job title implies something, e.g. "employed as developer for a
company that makes money by your work". You can't register a patent on
something you develop for an employer who pays you to develop for the
employer, if it isn't  stipulated in another way.