[LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Sun Aug 2 19:46:00 UTC 2009

On Sunday,  2 August 2009 at 21:36, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> can we please bury this urban myth that anybody who releases software
> under the gpl is legally bound to include makefiles and such?

"The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making
modifications to it.  For an executable work, complete source code means all
the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface
definition files, PLUS THE SCRIPTS USED TO CONTROL COMPILATION AND INSTALLATION
OF THE EXECUTABLE."

Emphasis mine, from the GPL v2.