[LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

Raymond Martin laseray at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 20:44:09 UTC 2009

On Sunday 02 August 2009 16:12:48 keller wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > But do you really *need* it, or is it just nice to have ?
> > Open source development tools usually provide all that's
> > needed.
>
> Fons,
>
> Just nice to have, as there is a end-user base that prefers such
> things and we support 3 different platforms, so it was very convenient.
>
> I have deleted all the installers and notified the users, anticipating
> the complaints.
>
> If anyone has a recommendation for a substitute for install4j, I'd
> appreciate hearing about it.

I think you have jump ahead a little here. Maybe you did not see my other
message. You can use whatever tools you want, just make any scripts
associated with it available, regardless of whether users/developers can get
the tools themselves. It would be better to use free tools for free software,
sometimes you cannot.

Raymond