[LAD] At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

Raymond Martin laseray at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 02:09:12 UTC 2009

One thing I think everyone can appreciate is when there is an issue
concerning licensing that the responsible party does not turn around
on another list/group and make it sound like the "open source" people
are bad guys preventing others from doing what they want.

The actually facts of the situation are that people should make an
effort to get things sorted out before they ever distribute any code
or binaries. Attempts by others to set things right means they are
well-intentioned, not the other way around as expressed on that
group.

Shifting the burden of responsibility onto others is a good way to
have issues come back at you in the future. It really does not show
good intentions.

I mean, how difficult would it have been to just mention there was a problem
and that it would be fixed as things progress. Not very hard at all. So there
was no need for trying to paint others as the culprits in some bad situation
which the person brought on their self.

Behavior like that just makes me even more inclined to fork an application
because I know that I will respect licenses and clear all the little issues
up. Plus I welcome discussion, whether agreeing or disagreeing with my
own views.

If you want to discuss things you can do so by joining the Improvisor mailing
list on the project (http://sf.net/projects/improvisor). Anybody can,
that includes Mr. Keller, because that is how people cooperate and
participate, by not shutting people out.

Raymond