[LAD] students and copyright

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Aug 3 18:49:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 03 August 2009 19:01:56 Jack O'Quin wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
wrote:
> > Anyway, I'm allergic against degrees such as "Director" in liaison with
> > "libre" (from the acronym FLOSS), but this is just an individual
> > aversion by me and doesn't mean that it's bad.
> Right.  The usual FLOSS equivalent is "benevolent dictator".  Much
> more egalitarian and freedom-loving.  :-/

Actually the most free software development happens in a Do-cracy: The one who
does the job (or the biggest part of it) gets to decide.

So if Bob titles himself as "Director", that is fine. He actually directs the
output of various students into a releasable form that lasts longer then a
summer.

Have fun,

Arnold