[LAD] [LAU] Python and MIDI orientation for a project

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Tue Aug 4 20:36:57 UTC 2009

On Monday 03 of August 2009 23:06:34 harryhaaren at gmail.com wrote:
> And on the topic for a second, python bindings exist for MidiDings, a
> module that can use both AlsaSeq & Jack Midi.
> I have a very limited amound of experince with it, as i found the
> AlsaSeq python package to be much simpler to use.

Just to clarify, mididings is primarily intended as a standalone MIDI
processor. Usually its sole input/output is MIDI, and it just happens to
use Python for its configuration. It's not really a MIDI API to be used
in larger Python programs, and I'm pretty sure it completely sucks for
that purpose.

Now... who's going to finally write proper Python bindings for JACK
MIDI? :)

Dominic