[LAD] List archives

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Tue Aug 4 22:02:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Robin Gareus wrote:

>> There seem to be several archives of this list:
>>
>>   http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/
>
> The "original" LAD list until 2002 server. Since then, they keep
> backup-copies of all list emails; subscription there is no longer possible.

well, to be precise, the list of LAD hosts:

  - 1998-2001: ginette.musique.umontreal.ca (Alex Burton)
               (e.g. http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/1998/0007.html)
  - 2001-2007: music.columbia.edu (Douglas Repetto, Jörn Nettingsmeier)
 	      http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2001/May/0596.html
  - 2007-....: lists.linuxaudio.org (Marc-Olivier Barre)
 	      http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2007/02/0828.html

The last two hosts have maintained their own web archives for lists. Then
we additionally have various other 3rd party archives around the web.

So in March 2000 I volunteered to set up and host the archive (with an
address-mangling script from Paul Winkler that is still in use ;)):

   http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2000/Mar/0002.html

... in 2004, I couldn't anymore provide the bandwidth for the archive:

   http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2004/10/0148.html

But Fernando offered to host the pages and thus the pages moved to
'lalists.stanford.edu/la*'. So these still combine the archives spanning
all three list hosts. But like in 2004, I'm happy to get rid of the
archive maintenance. :) And agreed, the best solution is to merge the
archives with those already at lists.linuxaudio.org.

Now, I can upload the hypermail created html tree (of certain
years/months) to lists.linuxaudio.org, but mboxes will require more effort
(there is no clean set of mbox files for the whole archive, but the
archive has been created from personal mbox folders from various people
and I don't have the full set at hand -- I can try to dig it up though).

> @Nando: on http://lalists.stanford.edu/ "website" links should point to
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org

Thanks, updated.