[LAD] Impro-Visor packages now on SF

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Aug 6 01:33:13 UTC 2009

On Saturday 25 July 2009 19:20:35 Arnold Krille wrote:
> If someone says software A is released as GPL and doesn't release the
> source (upon request) its not GPL.

Why not? Careful now. If I give you an original binary of mine and a GPL
license to it, do you want to have the rights to my program that the GPL
gives you or would you rather it be treated as an all rights reserved
copyright program?

(I wrote earlier today about this case being a possible bug in the GPL text
itself, but after reading / thinking / writing more today, I am not so sure.

> If software A uses GPL software it has
> to be valid GPL software itself.

Or be in violation of A's copyrights, or?

all the best,

drew