[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Aug 7 10:51:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Chris Cannam wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Raymond Martin<laseray at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What possible counter-argument can there be left?
>>>

>> http://lwn.net/Articles/61292/ (same guy you just cited, explaining
>> why you're wrong)
>>

>> Chris
>
> "The claim that a GPL violation could lead to the forcing open of
> proprietary code that has wrongfully included GPL'd components is simply
> wrong."

For emphasis, I just want to paste that sentence (and the following
one) again for Raymond, with attribution:

Eben Moglen, attorney for the FSF: "The claim that a GPL violation
could lead to the forcing open of proprietary code that has wrongfully
included GPL'd components is simply wrong. There is no provision in
the Copyright Act to require distribution of infringing work on
altered terms. "