[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Aug 7 12:56:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 06:51:08AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> For emphasis, I just want to paste that sentence (and the following
> one) again for Raymond, with attribution:
>
> Eben Moglen, attorney for the FSF: "The claim that a GPL violation
> could lead to the forcing open of proprietary code that has wrongfully
> included GPL'd components is simply wrong. There is no provision in
> the Copyright Act to require distribution of infringing work on
> altered terms. "

Which makes perfect sense. In a civilised society even
a convicted thief retains all the rights to his legally
acquired property. If any of it has to be seized, for
example to compensate his victims, that action can be
taken only by a court. Not by his victims or some self-
appointed vigilante.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.