[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Raymond Martin laseray at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 17:10:50 UTC 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 12:40:44 Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 10:39:44AM -0400, Raymond Martin wrote:
> > > Regardless of all this: a private person or group
> > > can't ever do this. Only law enforcement or the
> > > justice system can, and in the case of the first
> > > it is temporary (for securtiy or investigation),
> > > and if not it needs confirmation by a court.
> >
> > Not so. In most cases of seizure at borders (e.g., US/Canada, US/Mexico)
> > the property is never returned, ever. The people who loose their property
> > never get a day in court, ever. Look it up, it is a fact.
>
> You are completely missing the point, which is:
>
> *You*, as a private person, can not seize anything,
> ever. And if you think it's immoral for the law to
> do it, then it is even more so if someone takes the
> law into his own hands and appoints himself to be
> cop, judge and executioner.

Show me where I have done something wrong. I am not seizing anything
by taking what is freely given. Make sense. I showed in another post that
there is nothing wrong with decompilation under GPL. If there is nothing wrong
with decompilation and the code is 100% GPL then there would be nothing wrong
with distribution either. That's not taking the law into your own hands, that
exercising your rights.

And by the way, it is not more immoral for a single person to take the
law into there own hands than a government power. That is just ridiculous.
Governments are immensely more evil when they wield tyranny over
countless lives than what a single person could ever do. Do the math.

Raymond