[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 8 11:08:25 UTC 2009

Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>> There is a reason. A scumbag company forced trademark issues to the
>> front
>> even though they were doing FOSS. Trademarks in FOSS are just as bad as
>> software patents. Too bad most people do not get that.
>
> Okay, maybe for names and logos used by FLOSS, the creative commons
> should be forced as an agreement or something similar to this.

I guess it should be possible to make out which project is which
project. I would be fine with "Impr-visor" and "Improvisor" or what ever
names Bob and you are using, but I don't hink it's perfect with those
names. They are "very" similar forks, so "very" similar, but different
names IMO are an good idea.

IMO the same name would be bad, and completely different names would be
bad too. Anyway, I would like to have less confusable naming, that
however will highlight the relationship.

Now: