[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Aug 8 18:06:52 UTC 2009

On 08/09/2009 03:36 AM, Raymond Martin wrote:

> Yes this would apply for the commercial product against any others that
> are sold. It won't apply against free software because nothing is sold.

Does it really matter? Do you really need to keep the name? If your fork
of the project continues active development while the institute
continues to develop their version then there will definitely be
confused users at some point down the line.

Can't you just change the name and leave this debate in the dust?

I understand that you have put in a lot of effort to get this far but
now you are risking your rep by making a stand on a name that you didn't
originate and therefore shouldn't feel any real attachment to.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd