[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Aug 8 19:59:56 UTC 2009

On 08/09/2009 06:05 AM, Raymond Martin wrote:
> On Saturday 08 August 2009 15:44:41 drew Roberts wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 08 August 2009 14:25:37 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry but how exactly is this different from a fork?  Is there a guide
>>> that you have read somewhere that explains the exact steps required for
>>> making a fork? Why have you now decided that you are not actually
>>> forking the project when you originally declared that was the intended
>>> result of your efforts?
>>>
>> Perhaps his stated intention was to fork but his point is that at this
>> point at least, no fork exists? Perhaps at this point, all that exists is
>> the original binary and a decompiled version of the source? (Along with new
>> text documents? Guessing here from the threads, not from checking either of
>> the projects.)
>>

> There is no decompiled source anywhere on the project. It is all code
> straight from the original Impro-Visor on SF.

Ok, Just to get this straight in my head.

After you decompiled the code and threatened to put the results of your
labour online as a fork which encouraged Bob Keller to finally publish
the code in a public repo you have now taken that code and changed it
just a little bit, given it exactly the same name and are hosting it at
the same location as the official public release?

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd