[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sat Aug 8 20:58:24 UTC 2009

On Saturday 08 August 2009 15:30:26 Raymond Martin wrote:
> On Saturday 08 August 2009 15:19:09 drew Roberts wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 August 2009 12:34:26 Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> > > he standard is "likelihood of confusion." To be more specific, the use
> > > of a trademark in connection with the sale of a good constitutes
> > > infringement if it is likely to cause consumer confusion as to the
> > > source of those goods or as to the sponsorship or approval of such
> > > goods.
> >
> > I think Raymond may be keying on the "sale of a good" phrase and
> > indicating that at least with some Free Software, no good is for *sale*.
>
> I thought that was obvious from my comments and the law text itself. No?

I find we (people) often miss key points unless they are specifically pointed
out. Just trying to do my bit to see that we are actually understanding one
another so we can see what real disagreements remain. I find we (people
again) often think they disagree on more than they actually do due to
misunderstandings. Or they agree on some things they think they disagree on
and disagree on some things they think they agree on.

> Raymond

all the best,

drew