[LAD] linux audio standards base?

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Sun Aug 9 17:06:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 16:31 +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:

> Helloo! Please leave the 20th century where it belongs. Nowadays 64bit are
> normal with new computers and its a terrible waste not to use them (reminds me
> of "640kB should be enough for everybody").

I have 2GB here which is twice as much as I really wanted, but the
smaller sticks were out of stock. The only reason I can come to think of
to use even more memory, is by replacing the applets from WindowMaker
with their Gnome counterparts, which will then run ten times slower and
have twenty times the memory footprint.

What single application - apart from Mozilla - really needs more than
4GB?