[LAD] FLTK vs GTKmm

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Mon Aug 10 18:42:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 04:14 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> As a comparison on my 64 bit version of Gnome I find the default theme
> to be very responsive...

As a comparison, the machine I have today is the equivalent of a Cray2 -
the most outrageous 200KW 'supercomputer' of the time when (the quite
responsive) Atari/Amiga were the bread and butter machines for
audio/video hackers.

Spending that much clockcycles on screen redraws of bland widgets just
ain't sane anymore. Ohh, and I forgot: I even have a graphics card on
top with computational power exceeding that of the Cray2 by a factor of
four ... Still feels like my Linux desktop will be forever stuck on pear
with that of a Spectrum-48 :-/

/j