[LAD] FLTK vs GTKmm

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Tue Aug 11 16:50:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 00:32 +1000, Loki Davison wrote:

> Could you run convolution algo's i.e jconv stuff on the card via cuda?

Forget what I wrote before. Since everything else has a "take no
prisoners, just instigate a bloody massacre" aproach, then why not run
32 instances of jconv in parallel? That would be four warps
independently working their way through the variously sized sample
blocks, each thread execting serial code that looks very much the same
as jconv itself, including the threading.

How much jconv would something like a 300Mhz Pentium Pro buy me? (Just
to get a hunch if this would be a possibility at all)