[LAD] Lv2 port replication [for dummies]

Steve Harris steve at plugin.org.uk
Fri Aug 14 22:41:46 UTC 2009

On 14 Aug 2009, at 21:47, David Robillard wrote:

>> The host can do it automatically, obviously.
>
> The host can do it automatically with the C multiplication operator as
> well, obviously.

True, but irrelevant.

If you have N channels feeding a panner with 5.1 outs v's N channels
feeding 2.1 outs, I very much doubt that you want that to be a single
plugin.

Ambisonics may well be different, but my understanding is that there's
a selection of different formats, and you don't go between them by
just adding or removing channels.

> Surround panning is not trivial, and not a small amount of code.  It
> is
> exactly the sort of thing you'd want a plugin for.

Agreed. I still don't know how you'd make it work though.

- Steve