[LAD] Auto-wah plugin

Raymond Martin laseray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:36:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 17 August 2009 17:51:47 Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> hi all,
>
> In between smashing flies that came sitting on my hands while
> typing, and taking cold showers (we have some heath wave here)
> I wrote an auto-wah LADSPA plugin. It's available from the
> usual place:
> <http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/downloads/WAH-plugins-0.0.1.tar.bz2>
>
> Since I'm not a guitarist I'll need user feedback to improve it.

I applied the effect to a self-recording of an electric guitar track in
audacity and in this case it does not seem to have the functionality I
expect from an Auto-Wah.

I don't have a midi pedal to check whether the sweeping of frequencies
will work, but you should really add automatic functionality for this also,
that the user can turn off/on, with a relevant control of the period involved.
This is what you can find in other Auto-Wahs. Without this kind of control the
plugin becomes near to useless for offline effects processing.

Let me if you decide to fix this and I will try it out again. I will try out
your other LADPSA plugins too.

Regards,

Raymond