[LAD] [ANN] Invada Studio LV2 Plugins 1.2.0

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Sun Aug 23 16:02:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:38:37AM +1000, Fraser wrote:

Hi!

> So whenever analogue equipment needs to work with digital equipment it
> is configured so that 0dB in the analogue domain is at some (hopefully
> calibrated and consistent) level below 0dB in the digital domain. The
> actual value is

Just a note: I personally don't like VUs in the digital domain.

I prefer Bob Katz' K metering system (K12, K14, K20) with well defined
headrooms.

Check out this page for a detailed description on the K metering system:

   http://www.digido.com/level-practices-part-2-includes-the-k-system.html

Note that many commercial software vendors ship analyzer plugins using
the K system, i.e. RME's DigiCheck.

I'd suggest to go for this, too.

Just my $0.02

--