[LAD] [PD-announce] smeck (6ch guitar processing patch) released]

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Aug 25 18:59:09 UTC 2009

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> It does pitch detection inside of Pd to tune the transformations to the pitch
> played, so you still get a bit of latency (pitch detection is made on blocks of
> 1024 samples afaik.)

Hmm, 20 msecs at 48KHz doesn't sound too bad. The earliest pitch
trackers on MIDI guitars had some 250 msecs latency IIRC, now those are
a real challenge to play. ;-) (Robert Fripp did it, though.)

I actually have one of those hexagonal pickups (a Korg ZD3) retrofitted
on a Fender Stratocaster, but it uses a custom interface. Does anyone
here know how to extract the six individual audio signals from these?

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag