[LAD] [PD-announce] smeck (6ch guitar processing patch) released]

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Aug 25 19:44:41 UTC 2009

Albert Graef wrote:
> Hmm, 20 msecs at 48KHz doesn't sound too bad. The earliest pitch
> trackers on MIDI guitars had some 250 msecs latency IIRC, now those are
> a real challenge to play. ;-) (Robert Fripp did it, though.)

In a music store I played Voodoo Chile on a guitar synth in the middle
80ies, the synth sound was played with a latency that might be something
near to 250 msecs for the lower strings, the high strings had better
latency. De facto playing was impossible.

As far as I remember Buckedhead played a well working guitar synth for a
project with Bill Laswell and Bernie Worrell on one of the Praxis
recordings in the middle 90ies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praxis_(band)