[LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Dec 2 16:15:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 10:05:51AM -0500, drew Roberts wrote:

> Can CELT also do uncompressed or lossless? Otherwise limiting to CELT might
> not be such a good idea if I have followed things closely enough.

>From a soundcard I'd expect the full quality signal,
nothing less. And as most audio ADCs today are 24-bit,
I see no point in providing 8 or 16. Even 44.1 kHz
for me is something of the past, the only place where
it should be used is when mastering a CD.

I've noted some other strange things. Why should a
soundcard be running Linux, or any other OS for that
matter ?

Ciao,

--
FA