[LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

Karl Hammar karl at aspodata.se
Mon Dec 7 19:41:05 UTC 2009

fons:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 10:05:51AM -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> >From a soundcard I'd expect the full quality signal,
> nothing less. And as most audio ADCs today are 24-bit,
> I see no point in providing 8 or 16. Even 44.1 kHz
> for me is something of the past, the only place where
> it should be used is when mastering a CD.

. lower price
. as an exercise, learning
. use in another projects

So, 24bit, 48/96kHz is the spec. to aim at?

> I've noted some other strange things. Why should a
> soundcard be running Linux, or any other OS for that
> matter ?

It doesn't need to, but it might be easier to use an os when
developing. When things are running smoothly, you are more than welcome
to optimize avay the os.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               karl at aspodata.se
Lilla Aspö 148                                                 Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting